7Side Design Blog

Exploring Modern Design Through Furniture, Graphics, and Products.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Motivated

The project that I started back in March has been taking a good bit more time than anticipated. Unforeseen material and process challenges are working against the high quality results that I expect.

Despite this, I have been so pleased with the results of each step that staying motivated has not been an issue. I will admit to a few sweaty late nights where I had to remind myself: "As long as I am making dust I am making progress". In fact that became sort of a mantra for this project for a period that involved an absurd amount of hand sanding.

Panels lined up to get a high build primer sprayed. Right after this was taken, I sanded forever.

Burning late night electricity.



Can I quote myself talking to myself? Sure, it's my blog right?

"As long as I am making dust I am making progress".
- Matt Tierney

No comments:

Post a Comment