7Side Design Blog

Exploring Modern Design Through Furniture, Graphics, and Products.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

North American International Auto Show Part 1

The stout GMC "Granite" concept.

The NAIAS goes down each year in Detroit's Cobo Hall and I have been fortunate enough to attend four out of the last five years. Each calendar year I manage to attend a handful of events but for me the Detroit Auto Show is like right brain Red Bull. The colors, shapes, materials, technology and textures showcased on the latest production vehicles and concepts keep me going for many months. Here are just a few of the highlights from this year's show.

Exquisite seats in the Hyundai concept vehicle "Blue-Will".

Beautiful combination of textures on a Mercedes CL63 AMG grill.

Lexus' highly anticipated supercar the LF-A.

Plush interior of the Cadillac Escalade EXT.

One of the most exciting vehicles at the show was Tesla's Model S all electic sedan. A four door vehicle who's near perfect perportions slip across 300 plus miles before it needs its next $5 charge. The huge center mounted "Apple approved" touch display garnered a reaction from all that peered through the windows. I was especially excited since I had just (finally) picked up an iPhone myself. More on that in the future you can be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment